A domain name is a unique name that you refers to your website. It’s your online property which People can search your business or services with this specified name. Choosing and purchase of a domain name is an extremely important part.
Everyone wants a good & short domain name that people can easily remember. A great domain name should be simple, unique and easy to remember & easy to pronounce. like “dmbeginner.com”
Is that being said that a price of a space name depends upon the numerous component? That incorporates the overall length, number of words, ease of spelling and how much traffic goes theirs without prompting.
Why is a domain name important?
I earlier told that domain name is a website name and visitor only access website with that unique name. When you change the web host i.e. the physical location of a website then the domain name always goes with you.
Visitors only search site with name and don’t know the physical location of your website file. However that not affect the performance of a website and they’d be obviously brought to your new location. If you are a business then a domain name gives you credibility.
Well, some people will be willing to do business with a company that does not have its own domain name. If you get a domain name that describes your company’s business or name that is useful for people as well as for you.
Then people also remember your website name and can be returned to your website without any consultation. If you want good sponsor or advertiser for your site then a good domain is very helpful and give your website aura of respectability.
How to register a domain name?
Registering a domain name includes enrolling the name you need with an association called ICANN through a domain name registrar. ICANN accredited company needs to experience all the ICANN accreditation checks, that is the costly in-depth process.
If you choose a domain name for example “dmbeginner.com” for that you have to go to the registrar and pay a registration charge around US$10 to US$35 for that name.
That will give you the privilege to the name for one year and you have to renew it every year with a sum of similar amount for each annum.
Things you should know before register?
Things you should know before register?
Before registering a domain name, you should need to know the conditions after that go to a conclusion and there are some steps to follows for it. These are the following.
Control over domain name: well many domain name registration company do not allow to changes in your domain. If you want some amendment for that you have to send a request to their support system and then wait for support.
Simple things like changing IPS tags and changing name server should be possible via your control panel. You make sure that you get a control panel and check what the control panel lets you to do.
Check that there is a fee charge when release and transfer a domain name :
Many domain companies charges a fee when you transfer the domain name or release from one host to another like .com, .in, .biz so on.
Check how much email account you get: Much hosting company not include an email and charge extra for it. Often, you can only get email forwarding and the company offers you 1-2 pop3 email account that is not enough.
You should make sure that you get 15-20 pop3 email account for free with your domain name.
Never register your domain in anyone else’s name: I prescribe you to register with your name . Click To Tweet
Make sure you can use their SMTP for outgoing emails: many hosting providers don’t allow to use their server for sending emails. They assume you can send emails via your internet service provider SMTP servers.
Because if you register with one another person name suppose your cousin kid or webmaster.
They may be more intelligent, And it may lead to you lose your website they may neglect you to reestablish on time and a dropping out with you.
Step by step process for domain registration
- Research before registering a domain name: Before registering a domain name go through the few companies. I suggest, compare their plans, amount of control, ease of use, level customer services and whatever services they are providing.
- Thereafter go to a conclusion to select a web host which is providing the best services according to you. In the market there are hundreds of web hosting provider e.g. Hostgator, GoDaddy, Bluehost, Hostinger, SiteGround etc.
- Check the availability of your desired domain name.
- After the selection of your desired web hosting company then go for the registration process. Also, check the availability of your desired domain name before register.
- There are a lot of tools to check the availability for a domain name and you can check on “whois.com”. If available then register otherwise select another domain that relates to your website.
- To get a domain name of your hunger to apply some tricks such as add some keyword like the, a, an, my etc. and again check the availability to take a domain name.
- There is lot of extension is available for your domain name such as .com, .in, .org, .biz etc. If you don’t get your desired name then you can also change the extension that sometimes helpful in getting a name.
- Choose and pay for a domain :
- To continue with your website you have to pay a registration fee after that you have to pay a fee annually for renewal of domain or possibly a setup fee.
- Never forget to pay a renewal amount on time else you will lose your site overnight. That will be embarrassing if your domain name is taken by another person that will shock your old visitors.
- Then you have to find out who owns the domain name and also a difficult task to get that domain name again.